Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims

Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims AttorneyIf you are injured in a car accident that was caused by a person with no car insurance, or with an insufficient amount of insurance coverage, you may still recover compensation for your injuries through your own car insurance company.  If you have car insurance, you pay for uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in your monthly premiums to your insurance company.  This coverage is in place specifically for situations where you are injured at the hands of a driver with either no car insurance or not enough car insurance. Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage is a protection that all of us pay for in our monthly premiums, and your car insurance company cannot legally raise your rates in retaliation for bringing a UM/UIM claim.  Even if you don’t have a car, you may be able to pursue UM/UIM coverage if you reside with a family member who does.

While it would be nice to think that your insurance company will readily agree to fairly compensate you for your injuries when you bring a UM/UIM claim, this is rarely true.  Insurance companies make money by paying out injury victims as little as they can get away with; this is true even when the victims are its own customers.

The attorneys at Dolan Injury Lawyers have experience representing clients in UM/UIM cases against their own car insurance companies.  If you think that you may have a UM/UIM case, call Dolan Injury Lawyers to set up a free consultation and case evaluation.